Why Crime Stoppers for Students
Guiding Principles for Safe Schools:
- Safety is a pre-condition for learning
- Every students is entitled to learn in an environment free from harassment and violence (Ontario Ministry of Education, Caring and Safe Schools in Ontario, 2010)
All students, parents, teachers, and staff have the right to be safe, and feel safe, in their school community. With this right comes the responsibility to be law abiding citizens and to be accountable for actions that put at risk the safety of others or oneself.” (Ontario Schools Code of Conduct)
Crime Stoppers of Hamilton, Inc. is committed to making our city a safer, happier place in which to live. We provide a means of communicating information about crime to authorities in an anonymous fashion.
- Students are very aware of what is happening in their school and community. In many cases, someone other than the criminal knows about a specific criminal activity that has taken place.
- In many cases, someone knows that a criminal event is about to take place.
- In many cases, by-standers look on, but do nothing.
- Our purpose is to invite students to report responsibly and to make their communities safe.
Request More Information
If you or a group in your school want to learn more about reporting crime anonymously, or how Crime Stoppers actually works, please contact us at:
Administration Office: 905-546-4808 or email@example.com
Police Program Coordinator: Greg Slack, 905-546-3813.
Remember: to call in a tip to the Crime Stoppers tip line, call 1-800-222-TIPS (8477) or leave a WEB TIP at www.crimestoppershamilton.com (Submit a Tip)
Learn about initiating a School Awareness Program.
High School Students are invited to participate in new video challenge coming in September, 2014.